Patek Philippe World Time flyback chronograph reference 5935A-001
Launched in 2016, Reference 5930 combines two iconic Patek Philippe complications: a self-winding flyback chronograph and a World Time function. It was introduced in a white gold version with a blue dial and strap (5930G-001 then 5930G-010), complemented in 2021 by a platinum version with a green dial and strap (5930P-001).
Patek Philippe reinterprets this cult model in its first version in steel – a rare metal within the Manufacture’s collections.
The vintage-inspired rose-gilt opaline dial features a center bearing a “carbon”
motif that gives the watch a sporty and dynamic touch. To ensure perfect legibility, the applied baton-type hour markers and dauphine hands are in charcoal gray white gold, all with white luminescent coating.
The World Time function displays the time in 24 time zones simultaneously, with an exclusive patented mechanism that corrects all displays with a simple press of the pusher at 10 o’clock. The enlarged case diameter (41 mm vs. 39.5 mm), giving more space to the city disk, has optimized its legibility and further asserted the personality of the model. The central chronograph hand is complemented by a finely snailed instantaneous 30-minute counter at 6 o’clock. Thanks to the vertical disk clutch ensuring minimal wear, the central chronograph hand can also be used to display the running seconds. The flyback function instantaneously enables a new timing operation while the chronograph is already running.
A transparent sapphire crystal case back reveals the construction and refined finishing of self-winding CH 28-520 HU caliber.
This watch comes with two calfskin straps – grained taupe (originally fitted) and beige with nubuck finish (additional strap) – secured by a steel fold-over clasp.
The new Reference 5935A-001 joins 5930P-001 in the collection, as 5930G-010 has been discontinued in 2022.
World Time flyback chronograph
- Self-winding CH 28-520 HU caliber, flyback chronograph with World Time display indicating the 24 time zones
- Local time for city displayed at 12 o’clock, selected using a pusher at 10 o’clock (mechanism patented in 1999)
- 30-minute chronograph counter at 6 o’clock
- Entirely polished steel case, 41 mm wide
- Rose-gilt opaline dial with “carbon” motif. Charcoal gray hands and applied numerals in white gold, all filled with white luminescent coating
- Watch delivered with two calfskin straps: grained taupe and beige with nubuck finish. Steel fold-over clasp