Patek Philippe Calatrava Date, Sweep Seconds Reference 5226G-001
A contemporary vintage style Calatrava new model with guilloched Clous de Paris decoration
Patek Philippe distinguishes itself not only by its inventiveness and technical mastery of movements, but also by its creativity in terms of cases and dials. The latest addition to the Calatrava collection, the new white gold Reference 5226G-001, is a perfect illustration of this quest for excellence in all areas of watchmaking.
Based on the round, streamlined case shape that has made Calatrava models famous since 1932, Patek Philippe has reworked it by adorning its flanks with a guilloched Clous de Paris
(hobnail pattern) decoration – a motif emblematic of the Manufacture that was revived in 2021 on the Calatrava Clous de Paris
In order to allow this guilloched motif to run all the way around the caseband, the designers have also devised a special case construction in which the lugs form an integral part of the case back.
The charcoal gray vintage-inspired dial features a black-gradient rim. Its slightly grainy texture is reminiscent of antique camera cases. It is adorned with white gold applied numerals with beige luminescent coating, as well as a discreet “railway track”
graduated scale for the seconds. The hour and minute are displayed by syringe-shaped white gold hands with beige luminescent coating. The date indication ap- pears through an aperture at 3 o’clock, printed in beige on a black background.
This new model is powered by the self-winding 26-330 S C caliber equipped with a stop seconds function.
The new Reference 5226G-001 is accompanied by two interchange- able straps – one in beige calfskin with a nubuck finish, the other in black calfskin with embossed fabric pattern and beige stitching – both secured by a white gold prong buckle.
The same case, dial and strap design is also featured on the new Reference 5326G-001 with Annual Calendar and Travel Time function.
- Self-winding 324 S Q caliber, perpetual calendar with day/month displayed in apertures at 12 o’clock and date by hand at 6 o’clock
- Rose-gilt opaline dial. Charcoal gray hour/minute hands and applied hour markers in white gold with white luminescent coating.
- Moon phases displayed at 6 o’clock
- Monobloc case with three-tier lugs and sharp angles, entirely hand-polished
- Sapphire-crystal “box” glass with convex profile allowing a reduced case height
- Shiny chocolate brown alligator leather strap with white gold fold-over clasp