Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Velcro® Straps
To celebrate the shared history of the global watchmaker and the famous American space agency, Omega is honouring its unrivalled legacy of space exploration with a range of new Velcro® straps with astronaut-friendly fixtures and bold branding. Nicknamed the “meatball”,
NASA’s famous planet-shaped insignia in red, white and blue, released in 1959, stylishly captures the space-age optimism of the mid-20th
There are three 20 mm straps in all - and to show them at their best, we’ve fixed them to a timepiece that couldn’t be more appropriate – Omega’s Master Chronometer certified Moonwatch.
with a space suit?
An Omega Speedmaster is an essential piece of space kit. That said, an astronaut would never opt to wear a metal bracelet during an extravehicular activity (EVA) or spacewalk. Space suits add bulk and weight and a Velcro® strap is the only fixture versatile enough to adjust on the go and expand and contract with the conditions. For this reason, our new designs are a fitting tribute in every sense.
of the three colours
OMEGA’s Velcro® straps are available in three colours: black, white and silver.
- Black represents the darkness of space and the actual straps worn on the lunar surface. The shade is also a perfect match for the Moonwatch dial. It’s also worth noting that black is classic – and cool.
- White is a nod to the Apollo-era spacesuits and the evocative title of OMEGA’s historic mission to create the perfect space watch – the Alaska Project.
- Silver pays tribute to the shiny suits worn on the pre-Apollo missions: Gemini and Mercury. It is also a suitable bracelet replacement for wearers who like the versatility of Velcro® and the look of metal.
With their bold embroidered logos and space-age aesthetics, OMEGA’s Velcro® straps are well suited to the Moonwatch, but you can pair them with any watch – and you don’t have to be an astronaut to benefit from their adjustability. They make excellent straps for sport and work, as they are comfortable, easy to adjust and can be fine-tuned to fit the wrist when it swells in high temperatures or during exercise.
As launched earlier this year, the Speedmaster Moonwatch Master Chronometer is a superb continuation of the Moonwatch legacy. Not only is it updated with the best of modern precision, but it also features some of the most iconic 4th
generation details, which were familiar to NASA astronauts who ventured into space.
With Omega’s new Speedmaster Moonwatch Velcro® Straps, it’s possible to add even more exploration heritage to this renowned design. The Moonwatch Master Chronometer in stainless steel with hesalite glass takes on the spirit and style of the true Speedmaster chronographs worn during NASA’s most legendary missions – including all of those to the lunar surface.
As well as featuring the famous “dot over 90”
on the anodised aluminium bezel ring, the caseback includes an embossed Seahorse medallion with the inspiring inscriptions, “FLIGHT-QUALIFIED BY NASA IN 1965 FOR ALL MANNED SPACE MISSIONS”
and “THE FIRST WATCH WORN ON THE MOON.”
- Black, silver or white nonwoven polyester Velcro® strap with transferred NASA meatball logo and Speedmaster Moonwatch; transferred Omega logo on the reverse side
- Fitting: 20 mm between lugs, 20 mm on loop
- Weight: 7g
(Based on standard strap)