The new BR 03-94 Multimeter takes up the iconic “circle within a square”
shape of the emblematic cockpit clock. Created in 2005, this watch features a very graphic case, which has become a reference in terms of design. The 42 mm diameter of the BR 03-94 Multimeter makes it perfectly suitable for everyday use. The multicoloured dial of this sophisticated chronograph captivates the eye.
for multiple measurements
Like all stopwatches, the BR 03-94 Multimeter is intended for measuring short times. This novelty turns out to be multi-functional, as it combines all the information indicated by a chronograph.
The BR 03-94 Multimeter represents a kind of ultimate instrument. It can be suitable for running, cycling, as well as for driving. With this novelty, Bell & Ross is targeting a very large number of athletes.
Two additional dial counters complete the chronograph indication. The one at 9 o’clock indicates the timer minutes. The one at 3 o’clock displays the permanent seconds.
To maintain optimal readability, the watchmaker has opted for double-weighted hands. Their counterweight makes it possible to compensate for this absence of indexes.
Naturally, the BR 03-94 Multimeter also displays the hour and minutes by central hands and the date in an aperture. Its 60-minute chrono scale is typically located on the flange of the dial.
Aesthetically, the spectacular BR 03-94 Multimeter is visually attractive. This singular and graphic chronograph is extremely pleasing to the eye. Its coloured dial uses the principle of colour differentiation of the various indications displayed on the dashboards of aircraft. Its matt black ceramic case contrasts with its eye-catching dial overflowing with information. To maintain readability and functionality, Bell & Ross has chosen a specific shade for each category of information.
- The pulsometer scale is dressed in orange. It only runs on the right-hand side of the dial.
- The asthmometric scale is coated in bottle green. It also only runs on the right-hand side of the dial.
- The three tachymeter scales opt for pale green, light grey and white. They run over the entire dial.
For better readability, the date has been transferred between midday and 1 o’clock (it is usually located between 4 and 5 o’clock). In this position, it does not hide any indication.
The original BR 03-94 Multimeter is powered by the self-winding BR-CAL.301 calibre. This exceptional mechanism fits very well with this spectacular chronograph. At first glance, the operation of this watch may seem complex. In fact, it is much less complex than it seems. To fully understand it, it is imperative to refer to the small user manual, which is inserted on the left-hand side of the dial. Very easy to understand, it presents the 5 on-board scales.
It defines them according to three fundamental data: the base unit (“base”
), the function (“function”
) and the unit of measurement (“unit”
- The pulsometer counts the heartbeats. It is expressed in beats per minute on a 15-beat basis.
- The asthmometer monitors breaths and is expressed in expirations per minute. It is expressed on a 5-breath basis.
- The three tachometers measure speed, in km/h. Their basis of measurement is distinct for each of them and is based on three different units of measurement: 100 m, 250 m or 1 km. The first corresponds to the jogger (running), the second to the cyclist (bicycle) and the third to the pilot (sports car).
In practice, the stopwatch is started by pressing the top pushbutton.
The large hand is triggered and starts its cycle. It is stopped by pressing the top pushbutton again. The hand cuts the 5 colour scales indicating heartbeats and breaths. Speed, the main indication, is read on three scales based on different units. The classic chronograph function remains.